Product Positioning Review
You and the Agency have completed vast amounts of qualitative and quantitative efforts to assure that your Positioning is solid. Just remember….”New Coke” tested well!
Stovall Grainger Modleski will challenge you to make certain that your positioning decisions are based on solid customer selection criteria. Our proprietary process assigns specific weighting and merit to strategic positioning options. Before you deploy your highly valuable resources against your positioning, consider an SGM Positioning Review.
Personal Branding and Career Strategy/Strategic Coaching
Strategy has powerful application to our professional and personal success. Many of the strategic planning and thinking principles may be effectively applied to our efforts to manage our “individual brand”. Stovall Grainger Modleski takes great pride in assisting professionals with customized approaches to strategic career decisions and personal strategy.
This consulting and coaching process focuses on building environmental awareness, communication skills, personal strategy (Personal Brand), and the effective execution of this professional strategy with both internal colleagues and external customers.
Establishing credibility factors (e.g., integrity, competency, and enthusiasm which will position the senior manager as a convincing leader able to influence business success is a crucial element. Credibility will be developed through individual and environmental analysis, creating a personal brand strategy that is recognizable, flexible and relevant to the role across internal and external constituencies. We suggest a 3-Phase Process.
Phase I will concentrate on self assessment and environmental triggers.
Phase II, will focus on constructing personal brand strategy that will be based on the Phase I evaluation and then vetted through numerous real life situations. These will include; leading cross-functional management teams with actionable results, partnership interfaces, portfolio trade-off decisions, execution of strategic plans at the regional or country level, development of a commercially driven clinical program, and cultural differences to highlight a few in order to establish a relevant position of strength in this senior role.
Phase III will emphasize observing the manager in ‘real” situations in order to provide final assessment and future development recommendations.
Key Account Strategy
SGM assists clients in establishing strategy for key contracting opportunities and product formulary-technical review committee processes. We have unique interests and skills in working with organizations seeking to position products and services within the Veterans Hospital System (VISNS) as well as the Department of Defense (DOD)
Our consulting capabilities in this area include:
- Key influencer and decision maker Strategic Business Calls™
- Situational Analysis and SWOT Creation
- Strategic Plan Creation, Consultation and Review
- Contract and Pricing Structure
- Scenario Planning and WarGaming for the Opportunity
- Mock Committee Review
Strategy for Healthcare Providers
Healthcare providers today face complex challenges in the marketplace. Additionally, providers must now take a more commercial and entrepreneurial approach to differentiation in the marketplace.
Consider the current issues facing providers that were nonexistent just a few years ago:
- Quality and Patient Satisfaction
- Outlier Status and Economic Credentialing
- Pay for Performance (P4P)
- The “Hassle Factor”
- Employer Coalitions
How do providers accomplish the task of strategically leveraging their value? Stovall Grainger Modleski offers consultation to providers who seek strategic advantage in the marketplace.
SGM believes that those who consult with providers should not only understand strategy and the strategic process (which is one of the most misunderstood and inconsistently deployed disciplines) but should also understand healthcare. SGM devotes a significant amount of time to understanding the current world of the healthcare delivery from the provider side of the equation. This relevance should be your minimum expectation of those who seek to assist you in your strategic planning efforts.
SGM has consulted with many provider organizations including:
- Accent Care
- American Society of Reproductive Medicine
- ARUP Labs
- Comfort Keepers
- Duke University Healthcare System
- Moses Cone Healthcare System
- North Shore LIJ System
- PeaceHealth System
- Reproductive Medicine Associates
- Southeastern Organ Procurement Society
- TriCore Reference Labs
- Windsong Radiology Group
The “constant white water” of change in the healthcare marketplace essentially demands that all constituents in the healthcare economy take a rather assertive posture towards their viability and future.
We assume that all healthcare providers would want to be able to answer now and in the future the following questions:
- What are the strategies of my organization and of my role within the organization…the strategies that are available to us through our accreditation as well as educational services…what are our strengths? How do we define and bring value to our constituents? How do we understand and assist those constituents in addressing their critical success factors?
- What does the future look like for our constituents and us? How can I anticipate the potential futures and become postured for success in the new healthcare business model…whatever that may look like? What will my constituents expect from me?
SGM Healthcare Provider Consulting Capabilities assist providers in:
- Realizing the implications of change on their practice, hospital or system, the individual functional units within the practice, hospital or system as well as individual stakeholders.
- Understanding the difference between strategy and tactics as well as how to leverage strategically the capabilities of the practice, hospital or system.
- Understanding and developing a strategic approach to managing your individual efforts in contributing to the success of your practice, hospital or system...
- Gaining insight into your current strategic planning, leadership, management, operational, and marketing practices.
- Completing a competitive analysis in order to develop proactive tactics that provide your practice, hospital or system the ability to heighten the value proposition it offers current and future constituents.
- Building and leveraging relationships to enhance acceptance and use of your contracts, products, and services.
- Uncovering each of your practice, hospital or system’s potential key customer’s Critical Success Factors.
- Testing assumptions regarding strategic competencies and competitive advantage in an effort to subsequently future validate these through customer survey instrumentation.
More information? Send us an email here with your specific request. We'll get right back to you.